As West Cobb’s first country club community, Brookstone began construction in the 1980’s. Brookstone was named after the very first golf course created in Atlanta in 1898. Centered around the Country Club, Brookstone was developed on more than 1100 acres with the street names inspired by golf courses throughout the country. The golf course was designed by Larry Nelson, along with help from architect Jeff Brauer. The 18-hole championship golf course was later nominated in 1989 as “The Best New Private Golf Course” by Golf Digest Magazine.
During the early years of development the area around Brookstone was very rural. To provide convenience for its residents the builders of Brookstone developed land in front of the community into commercial property. This area has now turned into a burgeoning neighborhood that includes Publix, Kroger, Eckerd Drugs, Wachovia Bank, American Service Station, Bravo Dance Center, Brookstone Grill, Casebier Salon, Cingular Wireless, Clothing Care of Brookstone, the U.S. Post Office and many other shops. Also surrounding the community are many other establishments that include the West Cobb Regional Library and the YMCA.
In addition to the golf and shopping, Brookstone has many other reasons to fall in love with the area.